As we return to the office, we wish to communicate our plan to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 at Business District. We have based these protocols on guidance from the CDC, State of Massachusetts, City of Boston, and flexible workspace industry recommendations. We may update this plan as things change or as we receive new information from government and public health agencies.
Entering the Space
- Anyone who has been in contact with a person known to have COVID-19 may not enter the space for at least 14 days since their exposure.
- Every employee, member, and guest must have a temperature of 100.3° F or lower to enter. Individuals who have recently had a higher temperature will not be permitted in the space unless it has been below 100.3° F for at least 72 hours. We will have an infrared non-contact thermometer on site, but at this time we do not plan on taking an individuals’ temperatures.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times, except in a private office with the door shut.
- Face coverings must also be worn in all common areas of the building, including the main lobby, elevators, and parking garage.
- If a member or guest does not have a face covering, our staff will provide one and they will be asked to put it on immediately.
- Face coverings must cover the nose and mouth at all times.
- Requirements for Guests:
- Members must register their guests with Business District staff, including their name, email, phone number, and date/time of arrival and departure.
- Guests must follow all guidelines in this plan.
- Guests are not allowed to work in the common areas.
- Members are 100% responsible for their guests.
- All members must comply with Business District’s COVID-19 Control Plan or establish a similar plan of their own.
- We ask members and guests who are in the space regularly to provide their own face covering and hand sanitizer as supplies may be limited and difficult to obtain at times. Face coverings and sanitizer will be provided for those who need them.
Members are required to report to Business District staff all confirmed infections of themselves and guests.
Cleaning & Sanitizing
- High-touch areas, such as elevator buttons, common area door handles, coffee and water dispensers, copy machines, and appliances will be sanitized regularly (typically every two hours).
- Meeting room tables and chairs, credenzas, and remote controls will be sanitized after every meeting. Please notify BD staff when your meeting is over so we can disinfect the room.
- The EnergyPod in our Refresh Room will be available by appointment. Please notify BD staff after your recharge so we can disinfect the room.
- Members are asked to wipe down any common area surfaces they have touched such as the copy machine, coffee and water dispensers, or lounge/kitchen countertops. Supplies will be provided.
- NanoSeptic continuously self-cleaning wraps will be applied to all conference room door and appliance handles.
- Always maintain social distancing of six feet and respect others.
- Only one person at a time will be allowed in the coffee/water dispenser area on both the 14th and 17th floors.
- As more members return, we will evaluate the need for one-way hallways.
Food and Beverages
- We will provide single-use cutlery, disposable cups and dishes, and single use creamers and sweeteners. We will also continue to have glasses and porcelain dishes and mugs available for those who chose to use them.
- We suggest that each member bring in a mug, glass, silverware, etc. for their own use.
- Members and guests should use hand sanitizer before and after using coffee, Nespresso, and filtered water dispensers.
- Stay home if you are sick or feeling unwell.
- If you experience any symptoms, please remove yourself from the space and seek medical attention.
- Disinfect what you touch before and after doing so.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and hot water for twenty seconds.
- Use sanitizer regularly, especially after touching something others can touch.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Use your arm or sleeve when coughing or sneezing – do not your hands.
- Dispose of any tissues immediately and wash your hands or use sanitizer any time you have used tissues.